From Murthy Gandikota <mgandik...@membersedgellc.com>
Subject RE: Can there be 2 renderer portlets in one view?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 20:10:20 GMT

David Sean Taylor [mailto:david@bluesunrise.com]
On Nov 1, 2007, at 11:07 AM, Murthy Gandikota wrote:

> David Sean Taylor [mailto:david@bluesunrise.com] wrote:
> On Oct 28, 2007, at 5:00 PM, Murthy Gandikota wrote:
>
>>> is that the class name?
>>> The "Cannot retrieve the definition" error probably means the
>>> portlet
>>> app didn;'t register properly, check your log files
>

> I reversed the <portlet> order. IOW, tested the following:
> a) changec::ChangeCasePortlet first and changec::echo first in
> portlet.xml
>
> Can see changec::ChangeCasePortlet but not changec::echo
>
> b) changec::echo first and changec::ChangeCasePortlet second in
> portlet.xml
>
> Can see changec::echo but not changec::ChangeCasePortlet
>
> Conclusion: in my environment there can't be multiple portlets in
> an application.
>
> Can you confirm this?
>
>>>I am having difficulty understanding what the problem.
>>>I can confirm that there can be 0..n portlets in a portlet application
>>>Of course your portlet application is not limited to one portlet
>>>Perhaps you are giving both portlets the same fragment id in the PSML
>>>file, that is a common mistake
>>Send us your PSML file and I'll have a look

I have checked the DB table PORTLET_DEFINITION and didn't see any
References to echo portlet but found one row for ChangeCasePortlet. Following is the PSML

<page id="echo"
    xmlns="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/2.1/schemas/psml.xsd">
  <defaults
     skin="blue"
     layout-decorator="tigris"
     portlet-decorator="pretty-single-portlet"
  />
  <title>Echo</title>
  <metadata name="short-title" xml:lang="es">Echo</metadata>
  <metadata name="title" xml:lang="es">Echo</metadata>

  <fragment id="echo-1" type="layout" name="jetspeed-layouts::VelocityOneColumn">
  <metadata name="title" xml:lang="es">Echo</metadata>
    <fragment id="echo-2" type="portlet" name="changec::echo">
        <metadata name="title" xml:lang="es">Changec</metadata>
        </fragment>
    <fragment id="echo-3" type="portlet" name="changec::ChangeCasePortlet">
  <metadata name="title" xml:lang="es">Changec</metadata>
    </fragment>
  </fragment>

  <security-constraints>
    <security-constraints-ref>users</security-constraints-ref>
  </security-constraints>
</page>