From Murthy Gandikota <mgandik...@membersedgellc.com>
Subject RE: Can there be 2 renderer portlets in one view?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 18:07:16 GMT
David Sean Taylor [mailto:david@bluesunrise.com] wrote:
On Oct 28, 2007, at 5:00 PM, Murthy Gandikota wrote:

> I have tried to create two portlets that have their own GUI to co-
> exist in the same view without success. I am using Jetspeed 2.1.2
> with Tomcat on Redhat Linux. I have 2 portlets: ChangeCasePortlet
> and echo. They both come with a GUI. I am able to see them one at a
> time by reordering them in the portlet.xml but not both together. I
> get the error "Cannot retrieve the definition". Does it mean what
> it means? Is there another way? How can the default page show
> multiple portlets? I'd appreciate any help. Here is my portlet.xml
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <portlet-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-
> app_1_0.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> id="jpetstore" version="1.0" xsi:schemaLocation="http://
> java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd http://java.sun.com/
> xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd">
>   <portlet id="echo">
>     <portlet-name>echo</portlet-name>
>     <display-name>Echo Portlet</display-name>
>     <portlet-class>echo</portlet-class>

>>is that the class name?
>>The "Cannot retrieve the definition" error probably means the portlet
>>app didn;'t register properly, check your log files

I reversed the <portlet> order. IOW, tested the following:
a) changec::ChangeCasePortlet first and changec::echo first in portlet.xml

Can see changec::ChangeCasePortlet but not changec::echo

b) changec::echo first and changec::ChangeCasePortlet second in portlet.xml

Can see changec::echo but not changec::ChangeCasePortlet

Conclusion: in my environment there can't be multiple portlets in an application.

Can you confirm this?

Thanks
Murthy