From "Ford, Jennifer M." <JENNF...@SOUTHERNCO.COM>
Subject RE: Redirects and ActionURL
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:06:07 GMT
Thanks for responding to me on this!  I will create a JIRA to reproduce
the issue.  I had a feeling this would all come down to wanting to be
able to return to the original page.   It seems like it would violate
the boundary of what a portlet instance would need to know about itself,
but based on your response I'm assuming there's not a method to call on
the portlet to find out on which page it is currently rendered.   That
in itself would be very helpful in this situation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ate Douma [mailto:ate@douma.nu]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 8:56 AM
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: Re: Redirects and ActionURL

Hmm, I'm not so sure this isn't a bug.

If the generated ActionURL does point to the original page this could
lead to errors/unexpected behavior indeed.
I've to test this myself but I can see how this could be going wrong.
My expectancy would be that when a serverside "forward" is done to a
different page than requested, the PortletURL generated for portlets on
that page should point back to the forwarded psml, or at least have some
reference to the actual rendered psml.

The main "feature" at play here is, that once a user did update its
password, the original target url would still be the target url.
So after the update the user would actually be send back to the url as
originally requested.
That by itself is a nice feature I'd definitely want (and need) to
maintain, but it shouldn't break the proper PortletURL interactions.

Jennifer, if you can please create a JIRA issue for this with the
smallest set of interactions how to reproduce this case?
I'll pick this up then and see if/how we can solve this one (if indeed a
bug).

Regards,

Ate

Dennis Dam wrote:
> Hi Jennifer,
>
> The "redirect" to the change password portlet is not a "real" browser
> redirect, that's why the encoded action URL contains your original
url.
> It works differently. The moment Jetspeed detects that a password
> should be updated (see PassWordCredentialValveImpl), it overrides the
> default profiling rules for the original url with the "security" rule,

> which points to /my-account.psml by default (might be different in
your case).
> So no matter where you navigate to, this psml will always be selected
> when your password needs to be updated. The action url which is
> created for the changed password portlet thus contains your original
> url, but that's no problem AFAICS, because the doAction() of the
> ChangePassword portlet will be called. Could it be that you have
> extended the default ChangePasswordPortlet, but forgot to call
> super.doAction() or so? What happens if you use the original
> ChangePasswordPortlet instead of your custom one? What version of
Jetspeed are you using by the way ?