From "Ford, Jennifer M." <JENNF...@SOUTHERNCO.COM>
Subject Redirects and ActionURL
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:02:49 GMT
I just uncovered a problem with one of our custom portlets, and I was
wondering if anyone could tell me if this is the intended behavior or if
it is a bug.

When the user's password expires, they are thrown to the Change Password
Portlet, which we rewrote to add some additional functionality.  The
actionURL provided by the response object at that point is the actionURL
for the original page, and not the my-account page that the user is
currently on.  The result of this is that when they press the submit
button, they're not actually taken to the processAction method, so they
can't change their password.

Of course, if the user manually goes to the ChangePassword portlet by
clicking the 'Change Password' link in the login portlet, the actionURL
is correct.

Is this something to be expected, that if a redirect happens that the
actionURL given is not for the currently displayed page?

Thanks,
Jennifer