From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed Cache Question
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 06:03:11 GMT

On Nov 5, 2007, at 1:30 PM, Sie, Yang wrote:

> I had my page loaded with data, my portlet sizes and my other personal
> data are correctly displayed, they were all from preferences. So I
> thought my preferences would be loaded by then. I just now went to
> edit
> to change some preference, and then run that section of code again, it
> again returned me all zeros.

by default Spring doesn't share its CacheManager (you can set the
"share" property to true on the cacheManager bean in the Spring
config (cache.xml)
Or, using the Spring container's cache manager will give you accurate
numbers :

<%@page import="org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed"%>
<%@page import="org.apache.jetspeed.components.ComponentManager"%>

	<%
// 	CacheManager ehCacheManager=CacheManager.getInstance();
     CacheManager ehCacheManager=(CacheManager)
Jetspeed.getComponentManager().getComponent("cacheManager");