From Dennis Dam <d....@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: Redirects and ActionURL
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 13:50:04 GMT
Hi Jennifer,

The "redirect" to the change password portlet is not a "real" browser
redirect, that's why the encoded action URL contains your original url.
It works differently. The moment Jetspeed detects that a password should
be updated (see PassWordCredentialValveImpl), it overrides the default
profiling rules for the original url with the "security" rule, which
points to /my-account.psml by default (might be different in your case).
So no matter where you navigate to, this psml will always be selected
when your password needs to be updated. The action url which is created
for the changed password portlet thus contains your original url, but
that's no problem AFAICS, because the doAction() of the ChangePassword
portlet will be called. Could it be that you have extended the default
ChangePasswordPortlet, but forgot to call super.doAction() or so? What
happens if you use the original ChangePasswordPortlet instead of your
custom one? What version of Jetspeed are you using by the way ?

regards,
Dennis