From Dennis Dam <d....@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: Using Jetspeed password encryption
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:53:29 GMT
Hi Saurabh,

tracing it down in the code, I found the default password encoder in the
Jetspeed spring assembly configuration:

<bean id="org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.CredentialPasswordEncoder"

class="org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.MessageDigestCredentialPasswordEncoder">
       <constructor-arg
index="0"><value>SHA-1</value></constructor-arg>
  </bean>

this encoder class (MessageDigestCredentialPasswordEncoder) uses SHA-1
encryption, and then applies Base64 encoding to get a valid string.

Hope this helps ?

regards,
Dennis