From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Jetspeed 2.1.3 release end game
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 00:51:07 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:
> +1
> This is my fault, I keep saying yes to new features.
Well NO.
It isn't my intention to point fingers here at all, we're all working on new features.
I myself do have a new feature locally mostly ready for better Wicket integration which I
definitely need to complete/commit for the 2.1.3 release because
otherwise we'll miss the time window of the also imminent Wicket 1.3.0 release.
My work for the Wicket portlet support has just as much kept me from working on the release
of 2.1.3 as anything else too.

> Its just a release,
> and we can always get in new features later.
> Its more important to take care of the health of the project and clean
> up the build situation
That, above anything else, is the most important task and goal for the next 2.2 release.
Getting there ASAP is my highest priority and I think should be for everyone involved.

> I suggest that if you have started on a feature, and its self-contained
> and small enough, finish it
> Then lets try to lock down, give it week or so of testing, and release 2.1.3
> During this lock down period I see no reason why we cannot start
> development on the 2.2 build refactoring
> In fact that would be a great thing to discuss at ApacheCon
Definitely.
Who's coming too?
I'll be at the ApacheCon all week and invite anyone willing to discuss this, and for other
things too of course (Beer anyone?) to look me up.
I'll probably hang out in the "Hackaton" corner most of the time or just send me an email
to meet up!

And don't forget: we have a great Portals track on Friday 16th:

    9:00 am: JSR-286: Portlet Specification 2.0 for Portal and Portlet Developers, presented
by myself
   10:00 am: The Apache Portals Panel, presented by Carsten Ziegler and with David Taylor,
David DeWolf (Pluto) and myself on the panel
   11:00 am: Building your own portal with Apache Jetspeed-2 Enterprise Portal 2, presented
by David Taylor and myself

I hope to see and meet many of you there  :)

Regards,

Ate