From "Timony, Michael" <Michael.Tim...@fmr.com>
Subject RE: How to deploy jetspeed2.1 on WAS 6.1?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 16:07:38 GMT
You need to be using WAS 6.1.0.2 or higher, I think the latest version
is 6.1.0.17?

There are 3 thing that will make you stumble when installing on WAS.

First, you need to make a WAS Shared Library. Make a directory, named
Jetspeed, under ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/optionalLibraries/Apache . And copy
the following files there:

jetspeed-api-2.1-dev.jar
jetspeed-commons-2.1-dev.jar
pluto-1.0.1.jar
portals-bridges-common-1.0.1-dev..jar
portlet-api-1.0.jar

(If your using 2.1.2 then the jetspeed-api jar will be named
jetspeed-api-2.1.1-dev.jar and so on).

Then in the WAS console, define the Shared Library under the environment
section. Make sure to enter the five jars into the Classpath field and
make sure they are separated with a carriage-return (if not it won't
work). So the Classpath field will look like this:

${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/optionalLibraries/Apache/Jetspeed-2/jetspeed-api-2.1
-dev.jar
${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/optionalLibraries/Apache/Jetspeed-2/jetspeed-commons
-2.1-dev.jar
${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/optionalLibraries/Apache/Jetspeed-2/pluto-1.0.1.jar
${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/optionalLibraries/Apache/Jetspeed-2/portals-bridges-
common-1.0.jar
${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/optionalLibraries/Apache/Jetspeed-2/portlet-api-1.0.
jar

Secondly, you need to make a new classloader for the server instance
you'll install jetspeed on and reference the shared libraries from
there:

Select the server to install Jetspeed on, and then expand the Java and
Process Management section and then click on Classloader.
>From the Classloader page, click New.
On General Properties, set Classloader order to Classes loaded with
parent class loader first. Click OK, and then Save.
Then click on the classloader, then click on the Shared libraries
references link. Created a new shared library reference for the server
by clicking on add and select the Jetspeed shared library.

and app server. When you install your portal war files, make sure NOT to
map them to the web server or app server.

Thirdly, when you create your datasources, make sure the jndi name is
jndi/jetspeed (you'll need to do this before you install your Portal and
make your restart WAS after creating the datasource and doing the Shared
Library).