From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: User Management in jetSpeed 2 with Oracle
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 18:55:05 GMT

On Nov 4, 2007, at 11:42 PM, $aurabh Vig wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new user of Jetspeed 2. I have installed Jetspeed2.1.2 with
> oracleas DB.
> I need to synchronize the users, roles and groups for Jetspeed portal
> to act as the users on my portlets also.
>
> I am trying to figure out where is the user information stored for
> users created in jetspeed.
> The DB for my portlets need to refer to the user tables of Jetspeed
> and link to them as foriegn key relation.
>
> Any help on this would be really appreciated.

The users are stored in the SECURITY_PRINCIPAL table
Unfortunately the schema is wrong, IMO
I plan to fix this in version 2.2 to make integration at the SQL easier.
The FULL_PATH column contains the username. Say you have a user "mary"
The FULL_PATH column contains "/user/mary" so you will need to join
with the constant "/user/"
Additional user information (user attributes) is stored in the two
preferences tables: PREFS_NODE and PREFS_PROPERTY_VALUE