From "Bob Song" <dataman1...@gmail.com>
Subject How to deploy jetspeed2.1 on WAS 6.1?
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2007 15:49:14 GMT
Hi all,
   I'm developing our web application on jetspeed 2 with the environment of tomcat installed
by the GUI installer under Win Xp now . But our production environment is WAS6.1Base under
Solaris. I'm not familiar with Maven or WAS, and I have no any confidence with the deployment
task ahead without a step-by-step instruction.
   So where could I get such kind of instruction?
   Thanks.

   Below are the conditions of my project in details:
   1. The WAS6.1 and Oracle are already installed in the remote production server. And I can't
reinstall them freely.
   2. The configuration of developing server and testing server are smiliar: Jetspeed 2.1
+ Tomcat + MySql(local).
   3. MySQL is only for jetspeed portal side. The business data is already refered to Oracle
in the remote production server.
   4. I prefer to using Oracle as portal side database.
   5. All portlets of my project are in one web application, and the database resource is
managerd by the application itself, not the container.
   6. In the jetspeed application, only the 'decorations' and the 'pages' folder are modified.

   And what I'm not sure are:
	1. How to install jetspeed2 on WAS6.1? (Either installing a new one or migrate the running
one is ok.)
    2. How to deploy a war packaged portlets application on it? (Still put it in the deploy
folder?)
	3. Any WAS6.1 specific issues?