From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Can there be 2 renderer portlets in one view?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 18:20:10 GMT

On Nov 1, 2007, at 11:07 AM, Murthy Gandikota wrote:

> David Sean Taylor [mailto:david@bluesunrise.com] wrote:
> On Oct 28, 2007, at 5:00 PM, Murthy Gandikota wrote:
>
>>> is that the class name?
>>> The "Cannot retrieve the definition" error probably means the
>>> portlet
>>> app didn;'t register properly, check your log files
>

> I reversed the <portlet> order. IOW, tested the following:
> a) changec::ChangeCasePortlet first and changec::echo first in
> portlet.xml
>
> Can see changec::ChangeCasePortlet but not changec::echo
>
> b) changec::echo first and changec::ChangeCasePortlet second in
> portlet.xml
>
> Can see changec::echo but not changec::ChangeCasePortlet
>
> Conclusion: in my environment there can't be multiple portlets in
> an application.
>
> Can you confirm this?

I am having difficulty understanding what the problem.
I can confirm that there can be 0..n portlets in a portlet application
Of course your portlet application is not limited to one portlet
Perhaps you are giving both portlets the same fragment id in the PSML
file, that is a common mistake
Send us your PSML file and I'll have a look