From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: How to administer and set security for different entities of the same portlet?
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:55:37 GMT

On Oct 16, 2007, at 12:32 PM, Mansour wrote:

> I need two IFrames on the main page. One of them is editable by the
> user and the other one is not.
> I need the guest user to be able to specify the URL for only one of
> these IFramesPortlet. How can I get this to work ?
> I can not find any docs or guides about using (not developing) for
> jetspeed. Is there any documents like this ?

You can select the security constraint for a given page (or folder)
from the Site Manager administrative portlet.
When logged in as admin, go to the "Portal Site Manager" tab.
Click on the page you want to modify, and then click on the security
tab.
 From there select the security constraint you want to apply to the
page and press Save.
What security constraint would you want to select to grant the guest
user "edit" access?
Well, there isn't one "out of the box", but you can create one pretty
easily with the Security Constraints administrative portlet.
When logged in as admin, go to the "Constraints" tab
Press New, enter the name of your constraint. I will call it
"AllViewEdit"
 From the constraints editor, press "New", then click the "user" and
"guest" roles, for Actions click "view,edit,help", press OK, then Save
Now you can go back to the Site Manager and use this constraint

I just realized I explained setting up a constraint for a page, not a
portlet. Well, I guess that was a mistake, sorry.
Maybe the text above will be useful for someone ....

So you need to set the security constraint for a single portlet on a
page, using the portal, not just editing the XML files.
Unfortunately this one is not possible, yet. We just added recently
"edit-defaults" mode, but that does not include editing the security
constraint for a single portlet.
So you have 3 options here:

1. edit the PSML as a part of your initial build, add the security
constraint to the appropriate fragment

2. edit the PSML outside the build, import the file from the Site
Manager

3. In your portlet.xml and jetspeed-portlet.xml extended deployment
descriptor, define this IFrame as a standalone portlet, and give it a
security constraint there

jetspeed-portlet.xml:
     <portlet>
         <portlet-name>MyFrame</portlet-name>
         <js:security-constraint-ref>AllEditView</js:security-
constraint-ref>
     </portlet>

4. Enter a JIRA issue asking for a new feature to "configure" the
security constraint on a particular portlet fragment