portals-jetspeed-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mansour <mansou...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to administer and set security for different entities of the same portlet?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:52:32 GMT
I am not looking to modify PSML at all. The security config should me 
managed by the administrator. I am trying to do all this using j2-admin.



Woonsan Ko wrote:
> Hi Mansour,
>
>   
>> Let's say I need 2 instances of the same portlets (ie. IFrame). Only One 
>> of them is to be visible by guest user. Both are visible by logged in users.
>>     
> You can add two portlet entities in a page by adding two portlet fragments in the psml
page.
> You can use portlet-selector page or edit the psml file manually.
> Also, you can set VIEW constraint on each portlet fragment. 
> (See http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-psml.html#Portlet_Fragments for
the
> detail.)
>
>   
>> Q1- I am not be able to add the same portlet twice on the same page.
>>     
> I cannot catch what you mean. You can add portlet entities with the same portlet as mentioned
> above.
>
>   
>> Q2- how do I go around managing the security and permission to get this 
>> scenario ?
>>     
> See http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-psml.html#Portlet_Fragments for
the detail.
>
> HTH,
>
> -Woonsan.
>
> --- Mansour <mansour77@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>   
>> Ok, Maybe I should have put it in a different way. My fault.
>> Let's say I need 2 instances of the same portlets (ie. IFrame). Only One 
>> of them is to be visible by guest user. Both are visible by logged in users.
>> Q1- I am not be able to add the same portlet twice on the same page.
>> Q2- how do I go around managing the security and permission to get this 
>> scenario ?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Mansour wrote:
>>     
>>> Hi Woonsan,
>>> My question was how to manage and set the security permissions. 
>>> whether it's reasonable or not, this is not the question I need. All I 
>>> want is to understand how j2-admin works, and the step I need to give 
>>> the guest permissions.
>>> I am new to JS2 and trying to figure out how to administer and use it, 
>>> in other words this setup is not used in real live system. :)
>>>
>>>       
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-user-unsubscribe@portals.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-user-help@portals.apache.org
>>
>>
>>     
>
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
> http://mail.yahoo.com 
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-user-unsubscribe@portals.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-user-help@portals.apache.org
>
>
>   


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-user-unsubscribe@portals.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-user-help@portals.apache.org


Mime
View raw message