From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Build Jetspeed-2 within Eclipse
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 15:47:02 GMT

Bill Bartels wrote:
> I used command line to check out the Jetspeed-2 and built with maven2 by using "mvn -P
tomcat".

We provide a .eclipse and .project file with the source. Sounds like you
  overwrote them by running mvn eclipse:eclipse
 From what I understand, Maven-2's eclipse:eclipse doesn't work properly
with our multi project, at least last time I checked

> It deployed to tomcat server well. Then I ran "mvn eclipse:eclipse" under Jetspeed-2
root directory and it produced
> the .classpath and .project files. In Eclipse I imported Jetspeed-2 and manually added
the missing libs for the build.
> I enabled maven2 and did the validation, Eclipse threw out 100+ errors and 1000+ warnings.
>
> Then can somebody please tell me what would be next in this situation, I mean what I
can do on Jetspeed-2 in Eclipse.
> How exactly should I build/deploy/debug Jetspeed-2 in Eclipse?

We build at the command line, and then remote debug by attaching with
Eclipse
I've read of some users deploying and running inside Eclipse, but that
has never worked as well as remote debugging for me

It would be great if we could get our Maven-2 build running inside
Eclipse....