From "Brice Lambi" <bricela...@gmail.com>
Subject AJAX API uses
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 15:00:59 GMT
Hello,
   I'm trying to figure out how I can use the AJAX API in Jetspeed 2 to meet
some needs I have.  I would like to have a portlet that will get some info
from a database about a user and based on that info decide which portlets
will be displayed to that user.  I realize that I can add and remove
portlets using the API, but that makes changes to the actual psml file
instead of just displaying the portlets.  I can remove the portlets before
the user logs out, but what if another user logs in before that?  Does this
mean that the new user will see the portlets that only the first user was
supposed to see?  Because of the requirements of the project, I cannot use
roles in jetspeed for layouts.  I need to get the role from my database and
based on that, display the appropriate portlets.  Does anyone have any
ideas?

Thanks,
Brice