From Aaron Evans <aaronmev...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: SSO as a client
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:11:07 GMT
Michael Gustav Simon <mgsimon <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> what is the best way to integrate jetspeed in a sso environment?
> In our intranet an apache plugin will support the authenticated remote
> user as remote user in the http header.
> Requires the jetspeed portal the login process initiated by the user?
> I want to write a valve to set (create) the user before the
> LoginValidationValve in the pipeline.
> Or exits a better solution?
>
> mgsimon

I'm pretty sure this has been done, you should search the archives.

However, a more general solution might be to integrate tomcat's SSO valve.

It is possible to enable tomcat's SSO valve and have it use the jetspeed JAAS
realm for authentication.

So if you did the integration there, then any apps hosted in the same tomcat
host/cluster using tomcat's SSO (including jetspeed) would be part of your
larger SSO initiative.

aaron