From Aaron Evans <aaronmev...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: Re: Login page
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:27:05 GMT
Tiwari, Sunil  Kumar <c_stiwar <at> qualcomm.com> writes:

> How does LDAP fit into this scenario?
> I mean I want the authentication process to look for the user details in
> LDAP and it will require LDAP config files.
>
> What are things that has to be mentioned in the config file and where
> should it be placed so that Jetspeed recognizes it?
>
> Has anyone done it?
> If yes, can you please mention all the details required?
>
> Thanks,
> Sunil

Sunil,

Fortunately, the bright guys that built J2 have done a good job of decoupling
the actual authentication components from the GUI (including the login portlet
and the other user management portlets).

It is possible to use LDAP for authentication:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-security/ldap.html

But, I suggest you first read this:
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-security/index.html

HTH,