From Aaron Evans <aaronmev...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: How to create a new skin and add custom mode to it injetspeed2?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 19:41:34 GMT
Tiwari, Sunil  Kumar <c_stiwar <at> qualcomm.com> writes:

> The search box request must be passed to a servlet.
> I have created a .vm file for this where I have a html form tag and I
> try to call an action on it but somehow it doesn't work.
>
> Any ideas?

Sunil,
If you are simply trying to post to a servlet outside of jetspeed (but on the
same server), just make the URL of the action the URI of the servlet.  That is,
something like:

/<servlet_application_context>/<URI_that_maps_to_your_servlet>

Just remember that the user will then leave the portal and be brought to the
response of your servlet.  Further, unless you have tomcat SSO turned on, you
will lose the identity of the user that has invoked the servlet.

What would probably be better is to turn your search servlet into a portlet and
then figure out how to have the search form (in the header) trigger your
portlet. Let me know when you figure that out! :)