From Michael Gustav Simon <mgsi...@gmail.com>
Subject portlet level security constraint
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:04:56 GMT
Hello j2-users,
i cannot found a solution to set security constraint on portlet level.
Security constraint can be set for page level.
<security-constraints>
 <security-constraint>
  <roles>member</roles>
  <permissions>view</permissions>
 </security-constraint>
 <security-constraint>
  <roles>manager</roles>
  <permissions>edit</permissions>
 </security-constraint>
</security-constraints>
For a member the portlets will be in the view mode only.
User with the role manager can change to the editmode the displayed
portlets.
I found the following description in the book "Portlets and Apache Portals":
> Constraints work with principals (role, user, and group) and permissions.
Permissions are actions
> provided by the portal implementation. Jetspeed-2 follows the portlet
specification, providing
> permissions to mirror the default portlet modes: view, edit, and help. The
constraint shown in
> Listing 12.10 constrains access to the default page for members by
granting the view permission
> to users with the role member, and granting the edit permission to users
with the role manager.
> Similarly, constraints can also be applied to pages and portlets.

__constraints can also be applied to pages and portlets__

How do I can set a security constraint to a portlet?
The user should be able to add, view and configure portlets with an
associated role only!
Anyone an idea?