From "Clarence Ho" <clare...@mdcl.com.hk>
Subject RE: Change a page's layout
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 10:29:03 GMT
Dear Cubehead,

Actually I've tried both ways but still can't fix the problem.

I modified the layout.vm to display the no. of columns in the page, and it always display
2, even though I have changed the layout to "jetspeed-layouts::VelocityOneColumn"

I believe that it somehow fail to retrieve the portlet config.

Clarence

-----Original Message-----
From: Cubehead Fang [mailto:cubehead@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 6:24 PM
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: Re: Change a page's layout

hi.
you have 2 ways to fix the problem.

1. change the portlet.xml of the layout portlet application
change value of the init-param ViewPage of the you want to use portlet from
"columns" to "tcolumns".

2. change the layout.vm.
 there is a solution.

change the follow lines in the
WEF-INF/templates/layout/html/columns/layout.vm
-----------------------------------
   #*
   #if ($columnLayout.getColumnWidth($sizeIndex) > 0)
     #set($columnWidth = $columnLayout.getColumnWidth($sizeIndex))
   #end
   *#

   #set ($sizeIndex = $sizeIndex + 1)
------------------------------
into
-----------------------------

   #if ($sizes.size() > $sizeIndex)
     #set($columnWidth = $sizes.get($sizeIndex))
   #end

   #set ($sizeIndex = $sizeIndex + 1)
style="width:$columnWidth;padding-left:0px;">
-----------------------------

And modify the css class , "portal-layout-cell" , in the style.css file of
your decorator.
add the padding-left and padding-right to the class.

there is a sample:
.portal-layout-cell
{
  padding-bottom: 4px;