From John Cartwright <john.c.cartwri...@comcast.net>
Subject simplest portlet example
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:55:32 GMT
Hello All,

I'm just getting started w/J2 (binary-derby install) and am
attempting the simplest portlet example (http://portals.apache.org/
jetspeed-2/guides/guide-simple-portlet.html).

However, when I go to http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/
simplest.psml, I get the error:

   Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition for simplest::SimplestFailed
to retrieve Portlet Definition for
simplest::Simplestjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot pass a
null PortletDefinition to a PortletEntity.Failed to retrieve Portlet
Definition for simplest::SimplestFailed to retrieve Portlet
Definition for simplest::Simplest

This suggests to me that my new portlet has not been registered
correctly or recognized by the container.  I notice that Step 4 of
the example includes the instruction "Rebuild your portal." which is
not clear to me.

Could someone please elaborate or suggest what I'm missing in
deploying this example?

Thanks!

-- john