From "Tiwari, Sunil Kumar" <c_sti...@qualcomm.com>
Subject access control in jetspeed2 and integration with Spring?s ACEGI security access framework
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 04:31:29 GMT
Hi,

I was looking into the access control in jetspeed2 and I noticed that it uses JAAS Authorization
to provide this.
This link is useful for this: http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-security/atz-jaas.html

I have some questions here:

1) Can we define more customized roles like privileged users apart from the existing roles
like user, manager, admin etc?
2) I think portlet level access control is not provided. Correct me if I am wrong. If I create
a simple user then he doesnt have  edit options neither at page level nor  at
   portlet level where as a user as an admin has all. What if I dont want the user to have
edit option for the page but for some of the portlets on the page?
   How can it be achieved?
3) How to integrate Spring’s ACEGI security access framework with jetspeed2?

Thanks in advance,
-Sunil