From "Tiwari, Sunil Kumar" <c_sti...@qualcomm.com>
Subject RE: Re: Re: Login page
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 04:16:00 GMT
Thanks Aaron!

The links are really useful and using LDAP seems pretty straight forward.
I will post the details once it is done.

-----Original Message-----
From: news on behalf of Aaron Evans
Sent: Thu 1/12/2006 1:27 PM
To: jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject:  Re:  Re: Login page

Tiwari, Sunil  Kumar <c_stiwar <at> qualcomm.com> writes:

> How does LDAP fit into this scenario?
> I mean I want the authentication process to look for the user details in
> LDAP and it will require LDAP config files.
>
> What are things that has to be mentioned in the config file and where
> should it be placed so that Jetspeed recognizes it?
>
> Has anyone done it?
> If yes, can you please mention all the details required?
>
> Thanks,
> Sunil

Sunil,

Fortunately, the bright guys that built J2 have done a good job of decoupling
the actual authentication components from the GUI (including the login portlet
and the other user management portlets).

It is possible to use LDAP for authentication:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-security/ldap.html

But, I suggest you first read this:
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-security/index.html

HTH,