From "Archana Turaga" <Archana.Tur...@intervoice.com>
Subject exporting registry into database--PLEASE HELP
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:17:53 GMT

I have a case where I desperately need the registry entries not in xreg
files but in the database. We have a system which has a failover
mechanism. So if the user changes access to portlets and then the
failover is performed the new machine does not have the updated xreg
files which, causes major issues. I know in 1.6 we have the ability to
store registry entries into database using the RegistryImporter.java. I
looked at the code though and it seems as if it caters for importing the
entries into the file system rather than export to database.

Please Can someone help with this issue? What am I missing here? Is
there another mechanism by which I can export entries to database? What
configuration files do I need to modify so that the Jetspeed webapp now
looks at the database to get the entries rather than the filesystem?

Thanks for all your time and patience in advance.

Please do respond!!

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential
and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention
or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's
designees is strictly prohibited. If you are the intended recipient, you must treat the information
in confidence and in accordance with all laws related to the privacy and confidentiality of
such information.  If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify
the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this email, including all