From "Archana Turaga" <Archana.Tur...@intervoice.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed questions
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:58:51 GMT
I will attempt answering some questions here:
1) This should be happening automatically but check the
TURBINE_USER_GROUP_ROLE_TBL to see if the un-assignment of the roles
User and Admin for the user has taken place or not and also check the
TURBINE_ROLE_PERMISSION table to make sure that the permission of
customize is definitely present or not. Create a brand-new user with
guest and see if the user has the option to customize (Maybe you already
did this).

2) Make sure that the Security ID you created is present in the
local-security.xreg and also make sure that your portlet has this
security-ref applied in the xreg file. Do this after shutting down
tomcat.

3) The only way I know that this can be made possible is to override the
authentication class (TurbineAuthentication) to not allow concurrent
logins

4) This is a two part question. I have the PSMLs in the database and
when the user is deleted the PSMLs also get deleted. Long time back when
I had it in File system it seemed to be deleting the PSMLs when a user
was deleted (not sure about that though). If this is not happening then
check the source code of CastorPsmlManagerService.java (maybe there is a
bug and that needs to be fixed)!! As far as assigning the default user's
PSML this is what was specified in the doc and it seemed to work: Set
the "services.JetspeedSecurity.newrole.profile" in the property files to
turbine user.

I'm still using 1.6 so I cannot answer 5 and 6. But I am currently
planning to migrate over to 2.0 in sometime. Always checking to mailing
list to see what the obvious issues are!! Hope you are successful :-)

Let me know if these answers helped.
Regards,
Archana