From Raj Saini <rajsa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Manual steps for installing jetspeed2 from zip or jar file
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:27:48 GMT
> Since the installation of Jetspeed-2 is a little more complicated than
> just dropping a jar or war file, we have an installer
> http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/download.html

Installer is good when we install the Jetspeed as a standalone server which
may be good for testing/demo/research purpose. In production environment
one  may want to install the Jetspeed in existing application server
instance. I think this is a common case for most of the production

On Tomcat, only way I see to install it in shared application invironment is
to install the Jetspeed from installer. It will create the required database

Copy the jetspeed.war from $JETSPEDD_HOME/webapps dir to your
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps, any thing in $JETSPEED_HOME/shared/lib to
$TOMCAT_HOME/shared/lib and $JETSPEED_HOME/common/endorsed to

The documentation can be built locally if you download the source code: