From jetsp...@theunderground.net
Subject Re: Retrieving a portlet's unique instance ID..
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 04:19:13 GMT
Wow.. first off, you are a money dude for figuring that out.

However, the processes I need to run (that require a unique portlet
instance ID) are fairly resource-intensive and should only be run once
upon portlet initialization.  And, sadly, the init() method doesn't have
access to any type of request object from which to pull the fragment id.

Is there a way to get a portlet instance's unique ID without using the
request object (namely, from the portlet init() method)?

-Ben