From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject Re: [J2 - 2.0] - Velocity decorators issue?
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 00:06:32 GMT
Aaron Evans wrote:
> I just upgraded finally to 2.0.  After much wrangling with moving decorators
> around and upating them to use the newer macros and updating all my page resource
> paths to what I guess is a newer model, I almost have my portal looking like the
> old version.

I hear you!
> I am still seeing some weirdness though with some styles not being applied in
> certain cases.

Make sure that you do not have ANY urls with 'content' in them....
especially style sheet links.
> Firstly, I've noticed though that the 'decoratorId' for rendered portlets doesn't
> seem to be resolved.  In all my pages, surrounding each portlet, I am seeing
> comments like:
>
> <!-- Begin: Fragment: eur-3 Decoration: ${decoratorId} -->
>
> So perhaps that is part of the problem, but has anyone else witnessed this
> behaviour?  It is entirely possible that it is a problem with my decoration
> as I am not sure which I am more inept at: velocity or css.

This is also a problem with the base J2 templates. I doubt it is
contributing to your issues.
> I have also noticed that when rendering portlets, the class of the div tag
> has gone from:

> This is kind of strange to me to have a space in the name of the class for
> the div tag.  Is this what is perhaps screwing up my styles?

This is supposed to be two classes now: "portlet" and the original. It
tries to merge the styles, so look there.