From Joachim Müller <joac...@wemove.com>
Subject Re: how to call psml from a portlet's doView method.
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:11:07 GMT
Answering my own questions:

Joachim Müller wrote:

> 1.) Is this a HTTP redirect response that travels back to the browser
> and results in a new request?

this WILL be send to the client, thus resulting in two requests/response
cycles for such an action. I don't like this because of performance loss
and the possible multiple click sounds in IE.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Languages/JavaScript/Q_20764793.html

> 2.) How can I specify parameters for a portlet on another page? Is there
> another way than:
>
> response.sendRedirect("/jetspeed/portal/cognizant/home.psml?param=...");

Yes. One can use the session (application scope) to transmit parameters.
There is a AbstractVelocityMessagingPortlet which uses the
PortletMessaging class that encapsulates the session operations.