From Jacek Wiƛlicki <jacek.wisli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retrieving a portlet's unique instance ID..
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:32:30 GMT
Wiadomosc od David Sean Taylor z 2006-01-23 09:50 brzmiala:

> A portlet isn't really supposed to know about its 'unique id' as that is
> an implementation detail of the portal.
However, when I managed to get the current fragment ID, I was able to
create a universal portlet class whose behaviour, displayed contents and
some security features are determined by some data stored in the
database (fragment preferences were not enough for storing large amounts
of data).

> If you want to write portlets specific to Jetspeed-2, have a look at the
> j2-admin app which accesses portal services in the jetspeed-portlet.xml
By the way, is the bug concerning service access fixed?

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com