From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: how to call psml from a portlet's doView method.
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 08:41:53 GMT
Parambathu Kandy, Yasser Arafat (Cognizant) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a portal page with 7 portlets using j2.
>

> In one of the portlet, clicking on submit should take me to another page
> with 3 portlets.
>

> Is it possible to call the psml directly from the portlet doView method
> ? if yes, how is it done?

The portlet should post back to itself (and the same page) to execute
the action correctly. At the end of your action, after you have
processed everything else, you may redirect to another portlet page with
the ActionResponse.sendRedirect method:

http://www.bluesunrise.com/portlet-api/javax/portlet/ActionResponse.html#sendRedirect(java.lang.String)

     public void processAction(ActionRequest request,
             ActionResponse response) throws PortletException, IOException
     {
      response.sendRedirect("/jetspeed/portal/cognizant/home.psml");
     }

> Also, I don't want to use an external link to call a psml.
>
> The processAction of the portlet should perform certain logic before
> navigating to the next page.
>

> help needed desperately,
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Yasser
>
> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
>
> Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying
of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly

> prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
>   Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software