From Jacek Wiƛlicki <jacek.wisli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retrieving a portlet's unique instance ID..
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 06:50:22 GMT
Wiadomosc od jetspeed@theunderground.net z 2006-01-22 05:19 brzmiala:

> Is there a way to get a portlet instance's unique ID without using the
> request object (namely, from the portlet init() method)?
As far as I know, init() is common for the whole portlet lifecycle (all
instances) and is called at the webapp initialization (once for a
restart/deployment), while the unique fragmend ID appears at each
rendering the portlet (and it it constant as long as it is not changed
in PSML).

In order to get access to all fragments use ContentPage and
ContentFragment implementations (getType() method to identify portlets)
and recurse through your portal structure parsing each .psml file.

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com