From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: I am unable to delete a portlet.
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:18:31 GMT
Tiwari, Sunil Kumar wrote:
> I have deployed a portlet and its running perfectly.
> But the strange problem is I am not able to delete it using
> administrative portlets.
> I am logged in as an admin. I navigate to jetspeed administrative
> portlets and select the PALM tab.
> It shows a listing of all portlet applications. Here, when I try to
> stop/undeploy a portlet it gives me an error saying "This request
> requires HTTP authentication()"
>
> Any idea how to get rid of this problem?
Verify you did the following:
   http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/getting-started.html#_Tomcat_Configuration

If not, define a Tomcat user with at least the role manager using the values you defined for

${org.apache.jetspeed.services.autodeployment.user} and ${org.apache.jetspeed.services.autodeployment.password}.

Note: if you want/need to change these for an *installed* jetspeed, the runtime values are
read from
$J2_APP/WEB-INF/conf/jetspeed.properties.

Ate