From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed questions
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 17:46:55 GMT
jonathan.hawkins@hawkinsweb.co.uk wrote:
> 1. (Jetspeed 1.6) Created a user and assigned User,Admin and Guest Role.
> Customise buttons available on portlets etc. Removed the User and Admin role
> logged out and back in, user was still able to customise even though Guest
> Role does not have customise permission.

Im guessing that the cascade delete options for your particular database
are not set correctly.

In JetspeedSecurity.properties:

services.JetspeedSecurity.programmatic.cascade.delete=false

try setting this to true for Hypersonic

> 2. (Jetspeed 1.6) Created a new Security ID, applied this to one of our
> portlets, when I was returned to the home page, the portlet that had had the
> security id applied to it had dissappeared.

Hard to say without seeing your security constraint and PSML ...

> 3. (Jetspeed 1.6) Is it possible to stop the same user logging on
> concurrently using multiple browsers or PC's

For starters, override the Login and Logout modules in TR.p

action.login=JLoginUser
action.logout=JLogoutUser

you will need to track users as they login and logout, and also handle
session timeouts. Although its tricky because if someone closes a
browser, the server has no way of knowing.

> 4. (Jetspeed 1.6) When you delete a user, their PSML files remain intact in
> the file system. Can this be changed so that the files are removed and when
> a user is re-created the inherit the current turbine user config.

Depends how you delete the user.
Using the admin portlet, it should delete the PSML in a tx
This might fail if you have a lock on the directory or PSML file for example

> 5. (Jetspeed 2.0) Created a new pane on user's home page, how can I thne
> delete it ?

Yes. The Site Manager administrative portlet is currently the only way
to do this. We are working on a new improved customizer for 2.1

> 6. (Jetspeed 2.0)  In 1.6 it is possible to create panes within panes, can't
> find a way to do this in 2.0.

You can do this with menus.
Here is an example of a two tier menu defined in your root folder.metadata:

  <menu name="root-level-menu" regexp="true" options="/*.psml,/*/"/>

  <menu name="cwd-level-menu">
    <options regexp="true">./*/,./*.psml</options>
    <exclude>root-level-menu</exclude>
  </menu>

> Currently in the process of finalising a gap analysis between 1.6 and 2.0 to
> see if moving to 2.0 is viable so any assistance would be greatly
> appreciated.

This might help, but more from an architectual POV. I wrote a document
comparing my design intent in 2.0 vs the things I was frustrated with in
1.x:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/j1-users.html