From "Parambathu Kandy, Yasser Arafat \(Cognizant\)" <YasserArafat.ParambathuKa...@cognizant.com>
Subject Re: Error using mssql with jetspeed 2
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:45:51 GMT

Hi Aaron and Randy(Hope you don't mind me using your first name)

Aaron,
1) Yes it is MS Sql server
2) I am using DSN so there isn't a need to specify the driver path.
3) Due to client's network policy, I cannot use a type (4/2) drivers.

I think the problem isn't with the driver path, some other configuration
which I might have missed.

Randy,
As mentioned above I cannot use jtds as well.

Thanks a lot for the responses, Just buzz me if any solution is found

This is the build.properties I have
org.apache.jetspeed.server.home =
D:/Program_Files/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28-MSSQL
org.apache.jetspeed.catalina.version.major= 5
org.apache.jetspeed.server.shared=
${org.apache.jetspeed.server.home}/shared/lib/
org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.war.dir=
${org.apache.jetspeed.server.home}/webapps/
org.apache.jetspeed.services.autodeployment.user     = j2deployer
org.apache.jetspeed.services.autodeployment.password = xxxxx

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.home           = D:/sqlportal
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.groupId        = myprojects
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.artifactId     = sqlportal
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.name           = My SQL Portal
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.currentVersion = 2.0

org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.default.name=mssql
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url=jdbc:odbc:pbcportal
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.user=some
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.password= some
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver=sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDri
ver
org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path=

Aaron Evans <aaronmev...@yahoo.ca> writes:
        >Do you mean MS SQL Server?

        >So firstly, you have to provide the path to your JDBC drivers
in your config.

        >Secondly, if it is MS SQL Server you wish to connect to, may I
ask why you
        >are using generic ODBC drivers instead of the MS SQL Server
JDBC drivers?

yasser arafat <yasserarafat_in <at> yahoo.com> writes:

>   hi,
>   I have been trying to create a custom portal for the past three
weeks. I
have one running with the default db
> hsql. The requirement to use mssql was enforced. So i did the
following
>   1) Configured the build.properties
>   *************************mssql************************
>   org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.default.name=mssql
>   org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url=jdbc:odbc:pbcportal
>   org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.user=some
>   org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.password=some

org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver=sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDri
ver
>   org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path=

all copies of the original message.
Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of
prohibited and may be unlawful.

  Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com