From Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to handle exception ????
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 18:25:15 GMT
El lun, 09-01-2006 a las 09:33 -0800, David Sean Taylor escribió:
> Emandi, Srinivasrao wrote:
> > Hi all
> > 	Can any one say , how to handle exception in portlet. Is there is any concept of
configuring an error page in portlet.xml as if it was done in web.xml.
> > 	If any runtime excetion occurs i want to forward to error page, how to handle this...
> > Thanks in advance...
> >
> The portlet spec does not cover the declaration of error pages, but in
> your application you are free to forward to a JSP page on error.
>
> If you want the portal to handle the exception, throw a PortletException
> A new feature for configurable error pages handled by the portal would
> be valuable in my opinion

I think the same. Basically, the layout/decoration should probably be
parameterized to specify one of:
- ignore completely faulty portlets (skip even layout)
- divert to error template with several extra variables set

Not sure how easy to do that, though.

Regards
Santiago