From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject Re: Jetspeed2 & caching & install
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 06:24:29 GMT
Herman,

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 11:23 +0100, Herman Reintke wrote:
> 2/ Caching
> Sometimes I only have access to my J2 environment from behind a proxyserver. With the
standard install I noticed several occasions when I got "old pages" which were only refreshed
to the correct onces after a "forced" get by the browser. I only checked a few pages pages
but the most obvious were :
> - main page, I regulary got the "admin logged in page"  instead of the anonymous page
where youneed to login.
> - Portal site manager
> When working with the PSM The portal site browser and portal site detail are not updated
when selecting.
> I've come around this behaviour nor to forcing all responses to have the directive "cache-control
no-cache'.
> Checking the apache access log I see for example the portal site detail alway being requested
as : GET /jetspeed/portal/_ns:YXBkYi0xfGMwfGQwfGY_/Administrative/site.psml, which indeed
would allow a proxyserver to serve cached content.
> Question :
> - Are there any specific cache-control options to be set in J2 ?

I have set the following in JetspeedServlet.java in the 2.1-dev and
2.0.1 branch:

// ensure that no proxy or brower caching is performed
// on dynamic responses resulting from pipeline execution

// HTTP/1.1 modern browser/proxy
res.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache,no-store,private");
// HTTP/1.0 non-standard proxy
res.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
// HTTP/1.0 browser/proxy
res.setHeader("Expires", "0");