From "Stijn de Witt" <StijnDeW...@chello.nl>
Subject Trying to split Jetspeed and project code
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 14:28:34 GMT
Hi, I have been looking into Jetspeed for some time now. I have gotten it to
work and added some test portlets. Now I am trying to strip Jetspeed down to
it's basics, and seperating my project code from Jetspeed. I would like to
get to a point where I have (almost) all Jetspeed stuff in a .jar in the
global tomcat lib directory, and just have the portlets we coded ourselves
plus the .psml etc. in the .war.

I've been experimenting with a new build.xml script to achieve this, and I
removed all code from the 1.4 release, placing it in jetspeed-1.4.jar in the
.lib directory. After getting rid of some issues it finally seemed that I
would actually get it to work when I saw Starting Apache Jetspeed Portal
1.4... in the Tomcat console. But when I accessed the page, it gave me an
exception.

Now at the moment, I have just placed jetspeed-1.4.jar in the
webapp/WEB-INF/lib directory, but that shouldn't matter much should it?
Anyway, here is what it looks like:

webapp/
     css/
     images/
     javascript/
     jcm/
     ocs/
     rss/
     search/
     WEB-INF/
          cache/
          classes/         <-- the classes dir is actually empty
          conf/
          lib/                <-- the lib dir contains jetspeed-1.4.jar
          log/
          psml/             <-- the psml dir contains the psml as usual
          resources/
          templates/
          tmp/
          xsl/
     wml/
     xml/

Here is the exception, any pointers would be appreciated,

Stijn de Witt
Bergland IT

There has been an Error!

Reason:
        org.apache.jetspeed.om.profile.ProfileException:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Get/Post Data:
template = /html/ShowError.vm

Stacktrace:

          org.apache.jetspeed.om.profile.ProfileException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.profiler.JetspeedProfilerService.fallbackProfil
e(JetspeedProfilerService.java:544)
 at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.profiler.JetspeedProfilerService.getProfile(Jet
speedProfilerService.java:292)
 at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.profiler.JetspeedProfilerService.getProfile(Jet
speedProfilerService.java:570)
 at org.apache.jetspeed.services.Profiler.getProfile(Profiler.java:125)
 at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.JetspeedAccessController.doPerform(Jetsp
eedAccessController.java:112)
 at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87)
 at org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122)
 at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:529)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
 at
FilterChain.java:284)
 at
ain.java:204)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
java:742)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDis
patcher.java:506)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch
er.java:443)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
.java:359)
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForward(PageContextImpl.java:712
)
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:682)
 at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:41)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:133)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
 at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
11)
 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:301)
 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
 at
FilterChain.java:284)
 at
ain.java:204)
 at
va:257)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContext
Valve.java:245)
 at
va:199)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:195
)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:164
)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:149)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
 at
:156)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:972)
 at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:206)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:828)
 at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:700)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:584)
 at
a:683)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)