From Parasuram Gopal <akilgo...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: creating sub-tabs
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 01:19:37 GMT
John

Thanks for your input. I'm looking for the sub tabs as just hyper links. The main tab is a
hyperlink too ( out of the box jetspeed) , but I have customized that template to have my
own look and feel. So in this, should I have 2 templates and do I have to create a seperate
controller.

In your solution, do you have seperate vm templates for sub-tabs?. appreciate if you can send
me the source code zip example for a quick reference. thanks a lot.

Rgds
Akil

John Christopher wrote:
In the portal environment we are building using jetspeed, we wanted a separate
look and feel for subtabs (i.e. tabpanes under a tabpane) so I created some
custom controllers that identify themselves as subtabs. This allows for
different styles and it also allows me to control actions more. For instance,
only one level of subtabs are allowed. You can have top level tabs and those
tabs can have subtabs. subtabs can only contain portlets.

If you want more control and you want a true subtab feel (not just a tab under
a tab), I would look into creating some custom portal/controllers.

--John