From "Brian Kapellusch" <bkapellu...@4lpi.com>
Subject forced portlets / non-portlet pages
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:59:01 GMT
Hello,

  I've recently begun converting my site to jetspeed, since it's become
apparent that it's turning more into a portal than a normal site.
However, there are some things that really aren't "pure portal"-ish that
I'd like to resolve:

1)       I'd like to force the user to have a home page with one or two
particular portals on it (but letting them customize the rest of the
page).  I know I can stop a user from modifying a particular page, but
I'd like to allow the user to modify MOST of the page (and not move the
"locked" portals around).
2)       There are certain pages on the site that really don't fit into
the portlet way of doing things.  These pages are detail pages that a
user arrives at when clicking on various links on the site.  I could
just link them to a "normal" dynamic page, but I'd like the portlet
navigation sidebar, header, and footer to remain.  Is there an easy way
to do this?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Brian Kapellusch
Brewerfan.net