From "Weaver, Scott" <Swea...@rippe.com>
Subject RE: Removing action buttons
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:57:37 GMT
Brad,

Assigning security to a portlet in the registry where the security entry looks something like
this:

<security-entry name="limited-access">
  <title>Limited User Access</title>
  <description>Limits users to minimize, maximize and view.</description>
 <access action="*">
  <allow-if role="admin />
 </access>
 <access action="view">
  <allow-if role="user" />
 </access>
 <access action="minimize">
  <allow-if role="user" />
 </access>
 <access action="maxmize">
  <allow-if role="user" />
 </access>
</security-entry>

Example of a portlet using the previously defined security:

<portlet-entry name="MySecurePorlet" hidden="false" type="instance" application="false">
 <security-ref parent="limited-access "/>
  <classname>my.portlet.Class</classname>
  <url cachedOnURL="true"/>
</portlet-entry>

Anyone with the admin role can perform all actions on a portlet using this security entry,
however, anyone with the user role can only minimize, maximize and view the portlet.

You will have to assign this entry to each one of the portlets you want to secure in this
fashion or you can assign it to the parent(s) of those portlets and inherit the security.

hth,
-scott