From "Kaan Erdemir" <kaan.erde...@turkcellgroup.com>
Subject RE: about weblogic jar reading bug
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:15:29 GMT
Hi,

As you show, to change filenames for dot bug is easy way but there will be an extra problem
with jar manifets.
Because, some jar manifests refers other jars by their names. So, if you change the names
of jar files, I think,
you must change the manifets of some jars. And, there are 29 jars for jetspeed project :)

Kaan Erdemir

-----Original Message-----
From: Aurelien Pernoud [mailto:apernoud@sopragroup.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 10:11 AM
To: 'Jetspeed Users List'
Subject: RE: about weblogic jar reading bug

Same on weblogic 7.0.0.1, it doesn't support filenames with dot inside...
That's a nice one.

Don't know about 7.0SP1 though.

If it interests someone, I have here a ant task that renames all the jar
files from /lib, replacing dots by underscores. This way no troubles, usint
tomcat or whatever.

Kaan Erdemir a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I want to give a bug report about WebLogic 6.1 (sp2).
>
> When I create a new web application (jetspeed) on WebLogic, path as
> d:\jetspeed\ WebLogic could not able to read jar libraries under
> d:\jetspeed\WEB-INF\lib\ directory because of naming bug with jars.
> For example; turbine jar named as turbine-2.2.jar and
> WebLogic can not read the jar file.
> If I change the name to turbine-2-2.jar (there are no dots in name),
> problem resolved.
>
> If you use WebLogic6.1 with ServicePack 4, there is no problem like
> that.
>
> Kaan Erdemir

dissemination, forwarding, copying or use of any of the information is
prohibited.
The opinions expressed in this message belong to sender alone. There is no
implied endorsement by MAPCO.
This e-mail has been scanned for all known computer viruses.