From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed not deploying on Tomcat 4.1.24 LE
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:36:28 GMT

Well, it isn't quite that simple.   You would think the the JDK1.4LE
version would come with everything except that which the JDK1.4 already
provides.  That would be great but that's not the way it is treated.  For
instance, the full version of Tomcat comes with the commons-dbcp
package.  The LE version doesn't.  commons-dbcp isn't exactly a JDK1.4
endorsed package.  The same goes for a few other packages, but I'll let you
look into what those are.  For this reason, I download the full
version.  Plus, like I said before, some apps are written to require the
Xerces parsers when they should, instead, be using the JAXP, DOM, and SAX
interfaces to load parsers.  Because of this and the fact that Xerces is
being actively developed and Crimson isn't, I'll use Xerces over the
Crimson parser included in JDk1.4.

Jake