From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Zope, SSO & Jetspeed
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2003 15:45:44 GMT

I just wanted to note that I solved this issue by extending IFramePortlet
and adding the current username/password to the URL such as....

Given in xreg config...
https://www.myexternalsite.com/someapp/

After going through my custom IFramePortlet...
https://someuser:somepass@www.myexternalsite.com/someapp/

Note that this assumes that the site in question is using BASIC
authentication.  I also recommend that this *only* be done when using
SSL.  Some might not even be comfortable with the fact that the <iframe>
src attribute has the username/password combo written there is plain site
of someone doing a view-source.  But, it is a solution if you are
comfortable with it.

Jake