From Shan Gopalakrishnan <sgopa...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed Performance tips
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:58:03 GMT
We observed few more things.  I'm posting this to the best interest to
mature the framework further than what it is currently today.
Definitely this is not criticism.

We are seeing the Garbage collector (Major GC) getting triggered frequently
as I think huge set of objects are getting created.
This could be inherited from Turbine implementation.  We are now playing
with the various options in the Garbage Collector
part of the JDK 1.4.1, which is running the GC parallel, setting high heap
size,  giving some % for young generation Vs old generation etc.
Most likely to my knowledge the minor GC looks only the younger generation
area as we didn't see any benefits in increase the
% of younger generation.  Apparently the spike still remains and gives poor
response time just that the symptom happens way early
or later during the tests depending on the heap size and GC configuration.

- Shan