From "Weßling, Achim" <Achim.Wessl...@gt-net.de>
Subject AW: RE: Future of Jetspeed ?
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:44:12 GMT
Hallo,

what is large? We just released a portal based on jetspeed in our intranet.
In the moment every day we get about 10 to 15 new users. At the end of june
we think we will reach 500 active users.

Achim

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Moosie [mailto:moosie@gmx.net]
Gesendet am: Dienstag, 25. März 2003 19:25
An: Jetspeed Users List
Betreff: Re: RE: Future of Jetspeed ?

Glad to read this...!!

As a newbie...
What would be the main issues with a JetSpeed implementation?
I am a little curious about performance and issues related to the turbine
integration.

Are there any large portal sites that activly use JetSpeed ?
I can see that some people are using and testing it, but i cannot discover a
widerspread
userbase concerning large portals..

Greetings

>> I read a posting that Jetspeed was declared dead by the Jakarta team as
it
>> was not touched for a while.
>> I was wondering what the nearby future holds for JetSpeed...
>
>I don't know where you got that information from.  Jetspeed has been and is
being actively developed and used.   There have been multiple 1.4 beta
releases and work on Jetspeed 2.0 has already begun according to the JSR-168
standard.

>* Scott T Weaver                    *
>* Jakarta Jetspeed Portal Project   *
>* weaver@apache.org                 *