From "Weßling, Achim" <Achim.Wessl...@gt-net.de>
Subject RE: Modifying default servlet mapping "/jetspeed" to "/myportal"
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:39:52 GMT
Hallo Brad,

under Tomcat the war-file is unpacked into a directory under the /webapps.
It is called jetspeed.
I deleted the war-file, renamed the directory jetspped to myportal and added
in the server.xml of the tomcat a context for myportal which looks as
follows:

        <Context className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext"
cachingAllowed="true"
charsetMapperClass="org.apache.catalina.util.CharsetMapper" cookies="true"
crossContext="true" debug="0" displayName="Portal" docBase="/myportal"
mapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextMapper"
path="/myportal" privileged="false" reloadable="true" swallowOutput="false"
useNaming="true" wrapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper">
debug="0" directory="logs" prefix="myportal." suffix=".log" timestamp="true"
verbosity="1"/>
        </Context>

Hope this helps.

Achim

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Brad Davis [mailto:brad@bayareanetworks.com]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 26. März 2003 03:39
An: Jetspeed Users List
Betreff: Modifying default servlet mapping "/jetspeed" to "/myportal"

I know this should be easy to do, I want to access Jetspeed through the URL
of /myportal instead of /jetspeed. I modified web.xml to have the URL
mapping of /myportal/* instead of /jetspeed/*, but for some reason, it
didn't even phase the portal. It still starts up at /jetspeed. Any ideas?
Thanks! Brad