From "Rana Aich" <r...@anshinsoft.com>
Subject Problem with Jetspeed Administration
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:45:03 GMT
Hi All,

I'm facing a typical problem in Jetspeed Administration.

I did the following steps:

(1) I logged in http://localhost:8080/jetspeed as admin/jetspeed.
(2) I navigate to Security Role Browser and for Role "User" I withdraw the
permission "Customize". i.e. My aim is, not to allow the user to customize
the Portlets.
(3) I logout and Log in as turbine/turbine (having role "user").

Result:

For all the portlets, I can see the "Customize" icon along with four
others("Info", "Maximise", "minimise","Print").
I expected that "Customise" Icon won't be visible after "Premission" for
"Customize" is withdrawn for role "user". Moreover the user "turbine"
gleefully customizes the portlet by clicking the "customise" icon.

In short I'm not seeing the desired result.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in Advance.

Rana Aich.