From "To Toan Thang" <t...@cxf.co.jp>
Subject Create new user, confirmation email problem
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 09:30:43 GMT

Hi,
I'm using Jetspeed 1.3a1 and unable to create new user because no
confirmation email would be sent to user's mailbox.
I found that in order to send an email using JavaMail, a mail session must
be initialized with a variable mail.smtp.host set to the SMTP server's
address, but Turbine 2.1 use variable mail.host instead (specified in
org.apache.turbine.util.mail.Email). After correct this issue, by rewriting
Email & SimpleEmail classes in Turbine and forcing Jetspeed use the news
ones, our system works well.

This is not perfect solution anyway, is it? Was this issue fixed in new
Turbine or JavaMail package?
Any suggestions would be welcomed, ;)
Toan Thang

-----Original Message-----
From: paulspencer@mindspring.com [mailto:paulspencer@mindspring.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2001 2:36 AM
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: Re: Re: Logging Rotation like tomcat 4

Jason,
We are using Log4j!  The example in the documentation, which does
log file rotation based on the size of the file, works.

Paul Spencer

Jetspeed Users List <jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org> wrote:
> On 11/30/01 10:54 AM, "Paul Spencer"  wrote:

> Frans,
> Jetspeed does support, via turbine, log file rotation. See
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/config_guide.html#Set Jetspeed
> logging

No, the logging service in Turbine 2.x isn't that flexible. But in Turbine
3.0 log4j is being used and it will be much more flexible. I might try to
add log4j logging to Turbine 2.x and a subsystem in the same way I'm trying
to add Torque and Fulcrum as pluggable subsystems so that it can be used
now. Log4j makes logging so much nicer.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl